Saturday 10 September 2011

So I've finally finished Atlas Shrugged and my opinion is...


*shrugs*

Meh.

In all seriousness though, the idea that this is one of the most influential books of the past century is both a) fucking terrifying and b) totally explanatory. It took me so damn long to read, not because it's a challenging read, but because after reading a chapter I tended to throw it at the wall swearing viciously. Its main points tend to fall under 'no shit, sherlock' (people should stand up for their property) or 'don't be fucking stupid' (particularly the way Altruism is always conveniently played off as self-interest). It's also grating how you can tell with characters are good and which are evil (there are none in between) within a page of them being introduced as well. I suppose it's fairly entertaining in its own way, particularly in the final Part, but my God could it do with an edit.

So not particularly recommended then. At least I'm now ready to play Bioshock...

No comments:

Post a Comment